Do chipped, stained, or misshapen teeth make you self-conscious about your smile? Dental veneers are one of the simplest, most effective ways to help!
At Sealy Dental Center in Katy, we want our patients to love the look and feel of their teeth. If you’re ready to get the bright, uniform smile you've always wanted, dental veneers could be the option you’re looking for. Veneers are simple and are designed to look like natural teeth, so your smile can shine without intensive dental treatment or tooth pain.
Are Dental Veneers Right For Your Smile?
Dental veneers are often the right choice for patients who have:
- Receding Gums
- Misshapen teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Gap(s) between teeth
- Grey or discolored teeth
Dental veneers are an ideal cosmetic approach to restoring youth to your smile. Over the years, teeth can become stained, chipped, and damaged - even if you brush, floss, and have regular checkups. Everyday activities like eating and drinking can eventually degrade the enamel of the teeth.
Dental veneers cover imperfections in your teeth, creating a perfect smile!
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are cosmetic dental restorations that cover the front surface of a single tooth or of multiple teeth. These thin covers are adhered to your teeth in order to improve their shape and/or protect them from damage.
At Sealy Dental Center in Katy, we offer two different types of dental veneers:
- Porcelain Dental Veneers - Porcelain veneers can be an excellent solution if your teeth are crooked, chipped, stained, or have gaps in between them. Veneers are applied to the front of your teeth to provide a whiter, more flawless smile with a more uniform look. Dental veneers do require some tooth preparation, but our cosmetic dentists are gentle and will discuss the best options for preserving your healthy teeth with you.
- Composite Dental Veneers - Like traditional porcelain veneers, composite veneers are bonded to the front surface of you teeth. However, this type of veneers typically doesn't require our dentists to remove any of your tooth's enamel before application.
Most of our dental patients don't even need a local anesthetic!
Will Veneers Damage My Teeth?
This is a common question many patients have about dental veneers. Veneers will not damage your teeth as long as your treatment is completed by a properly-trained cosmetic dentist.
To prepare your teeth for a traditional dental veneer, we will need to remove about 1/2 millimeter of enamel from surface of your tooth. This is nearly equal to the thickness of your veneers. Our dental team will give you the choice of using a local anesthetic to numb the area before removing this small amount of enamel to make sure you're as comfortable as possible.
How Much Do Dental Veneers Cost?
Just like with any dental procedure, there are numerous factors that can influence the cost of dental veneers.
We will provide you with an accurate estimate after a consultation with Dr. Wurtzbacher.
Considerations can include:
- The skills and equipment needed to apply veneers to your teeth
- The brand and type of veneers used
- The number and size of the veneers you need
- Dental insurance coverage. Some insurances cover part of your veneer treatment, or have a waiting period for eligibility.
If you’re concerned about the cost of dental veneers, call our Katy dentist office to schedule your consultation.
A consultation allows us to spend time with you so we can truly understand your oral health goals and financial considerations. During our consultation, we can examine trouble areas, like receding gums, stained teeth, a chipped or cracked tooth, and more. Afterwards, we will present you with the best possible information about dental veneers.
Whether you’re on a budget or aren’t sure if your dental insurance covers the veneers cost, we have a variety of financing plans available.
Schedule Your Dental Veneers Consultation With Sealy Dental Center in Katy Today!
If you have questions about dental veneers, teeth whitening, or any other cosmetic dentistry services Sealy Dental Center in Katy offers, call us today to schedule your consultation.